Airsep Freestyle 5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator Review
If you have an oxygen prescription and in need of a wearable, pulse only device and need up to 5 liters per minute, the Airsep FreeStyle 5 portable oxygen concentrator is a machine that can make its own oxygen in a small, compact package only weighing 6.2 pounds.
The FreeStyle 5 is considered one of the lightest POC’s that can offer high-flow portable oxygen up to 5 pulse setting options. The Freestyle 5 portable oxygen machine utilizes an efficient flexible pulse-flow delivery system, called Ultra-Sense, which enables patients to be as active as possible. Ultra-Sense technology works to provide you with a more sensitive breath detection trigger in order to keep up with your breath rate, no matter if you are exterting yourself or at rest.
The Freestyle 5’s internal battery is capable of providing up to 3.5 hours of use between recharges. The unit is equipped with a diverse choice of power options that allow you to adapt the Freestyle POC by using the rechargeable internal battery, the AC adapter or DC power supplies. When more time is needed away from a power source, FreeStyle 5’s optional AirBelt Battery or External Battery Cartridge is there to provide hours of extended battery duration. The external battery cartridge and the AirBelt connects easily to the Freestyle 5 unit and depending on the setting, can provide up to ten hours of ambulation between recharges.
The convertible carrying case serves to protect the device and can be worn over the shoulder or as a backpack (with optional backpack harness), and even allows patients to wear the unit at the waist with any standard belt or the optional AirBelt Battery. In fact, to maximize mobility freedom and time away from having to plug in, the FreeStyle 5 travel concentrator can be used as an ensemble consisting of the portable oxygen concentrator, comfortable carrying case, and matching AirBelt.
With this unit, you will now be able to participate in an all-day, outdoor music festival, a grandchild’s t-ball game, a continuing education class, or even enjoy the added benefits of the FAA-approved FreeStyle 5 for traveling to your favorite vacation spot.
Summary of Freestyle 5 Portable Concentrator Features
- Lightest 5 Liter Per Minute Pulse Dose weighing just 6.2 pounds
- Operates with rechargeable internal battery, AC wall or DC vehicle power
- Exceptional battery life
- FAA-approved for use on-board commercial airlines
- Durable and good looking carrying case with adjustable shoulder strap
- Optional harness available to convert carrying case to backpack style
- Up to 7 total hours between battery recharges with the optional AirBelt at setting 1
- Setting: 1 through 5 Pulse Settings
- Oxygen Concentration: 90% oxygen +5.5/-3%
- Size or Dimensions: 10.7 in. H x 6.6 in. W x 4.4 in. D (27.2 cm H x 16.8 cm W x 11.2 cm D)
- Weight: 6.2 lb (2.8 kg); 1.8 lb (0.8 kg) – optional AirBelt
- Power Supply: AC Power: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 2 amps
DC Power: 12-24 VDC, 15 amps max; Rechargeable, lithium battery
- Internal Battery Duration:
- 5 setting – 1 hour
- 4 setting – 1.25 hours
- 3 setting – 1.5 hours
- 2 setting – 2 hours
- 1 setting – 3 hours
- Battery Recharge Time: 3.25 hours
- AirBelt Battery and External Battery Cartridge Duration:
- Battery Cycle Life: Averages 300 cycles, then 80% capacity or below
- Unit Warm Up Time: estimated 2 minutes
- Device alarms Indicators: Start-up, Pulse flow, Cannula disconnect, Low battery, Battery charge state, General malfunction
- Temperature Range: Operational temperature: 41ºF to 104ºF (5ºC to 40ºC.) (Operating unit outside of this range can affect performance.) Storage temperature: -2ºF to 140ºF (-20ºC to 60ºC)
- Altitude range: Up to 12,000 ft (3,657.6 m.) (Higher altitudes may affect performance.)