Travel With A Portable Oxygen Concentrator
Car, Bus, Or RV
Travel With A Portable Oxygen Concentrator By Car, Bus, or RV
With a Portable Oxygen Concentrator, you will no longer need to worry about running out of oxygen no matter your travel plans. A DC power adapter, which can be plugged into a cigarette lighter or other DC power supply, is a standard accessory with portable concentrators, today. This power cord acts as a battery charger for both the internal concentrator battery and the unit’s external battery pack (if equipped). Simply plug the DC cord into a DC power supply; the Portable Oxygen Concentrator will make oxygen, recharge batteries or both. Some portable oxygen concentrators will create oxygen and DC charge at the same time.
There are a few key points to remember when traveling with your Portable Oxygen Concentrator:
- Map out your route. Consider length of trip, number of overnight stops, length of each day’s drive and rest stops.
- Do not smoke while using your portable oxygen concentrator or allow anyone else to smoke in the vehicle.
- Do not place anything on top of the unit such as a clothing, purses or blankets. Keep the device secure at all times by placing in passenger seat or floor of the vehicle.
- Do not store your Portable Oxygen Concentrator in extreme heat or cold.
- Do not leave your unit in a hot vehicle for too long.
- Have the phone number of your primary oxygen equipment supplier handy in case of emergency.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator Use In Car Or RV:
You can plug your Portable Oxygen Concentrator into your vehicle’s “cigarette lighter” or DC power outlet to use the unit without running down your unit’s batteries. Just as you would with your cell phone car charger; leave your POC car charger in the vehicle and plug-in on the way to your destination. A good practice is to plug in even on short trips to your local post office or grocery store.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator Use On Bus:
Bus lines do prefer you provide notification that you will be traveling with oxygen at least 48 hours ahead of time. With proper notice, they can assist you with your oxygen if needed. If traveling via Greyhound, request a copy of “Traffic Bulletin TFB2-86,” which details the line’s policy for those traveling with oxygen.
For Greyhound Bus Line Customer Service, call 1-800-752-4841.
Complete Form Below
To Get LOWEST Prices On ALL Portable Oxygen Concentrators
Quality & Portability in One
We Work with and Supply a Number of Trusted Brands
We work with only the most trusted manufacturers and carry only oxygen machines that are known to perform well. Our lineup features top brands for our customers, including but not limited to Rhythm Healthcare, Belluscura, Inogen, O2 Concepts, Caire, and Philips Respironics.