Set Some Healthy Goals for The New Year!
As January approaches, many people start thinking about their goals for the year ahead. And no matter what your current life looks like, there is always an opportunity to be better, do better, and feel better. Why not jump on the momentum of the new year to help you make positive choices for your well-being?
Those who live with conditions like COPD or other chronic diseases already have an incentive to take good care of themselves. But this can be hard to stick to for anyone. Starting with patience and compassion for yourself, you can begin to visualize a new way of life that supports you.
Here are some ideas for some new healthy goals this coming year:
- Walk at least 10 minutes every day
- Enjoy a few minutes of reading or quiet reflection each morning
- Try a new restaurant once per month
- Sign up for an arts and crafts class
- Have a no-sugar day once per week
- Swap soda for sparkling water
- Find a new volunteer opportunity
- Try yoga or qigong
- Have a monthly or weekly game night
- Turn off electronics one hour before bed
- Challenge your friends to daily pushups/situps/lunges
- Practice another language for 10 minutes a day
- Learn how to swim
- Meditate for five to 10 minutes every day
- Practice taking deeper breaths
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep every night
- Swap your oxygen tanks for a portable oxygen concentrator
- Learn some kettlebell exercises at home
- Stop smoking
- Declutter your home, one drawer or cabinet at a time
- Follow only social media accounts that are positive/uplifting/useful
- Try laughter yoga or laughter therapy
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside every day
- Cut back or eliminate your alcohol use
- Discover your top 10 favorite fruits and vegetables
As you can see, not all new year’s goals have to do with losing weight or changing your body at all. There are many ways you can take great care of yourself, physically, mentally, and emotionally!
Reach out to us at Portable Oxygen Solutions if you want to learn more about how oxygen therapy can help you feel your best every day!
Please Call 1-800-958-0192 to speak to one of our friendly oxygen specialists.